Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reaching for the Son




I recently finished this painting entitled “Reaching for the Son”, which is exactly what I am doing in this new chapter of my life. Reaching for the Son and holding on as tight as I can!  I’m am finding out that it isn’t about me making it as an artist or seeking outside employment after being a self-employed/stay at home mom for the past twelve years.  This new chapter in my life is about learning my self-worth, widening my vision and finding my identity.  The Lord wants my identity to be dependent solely on my relationship with Him, not based on what I do.  Even those things I do for Him will change with the seasons. It shouldn’t be based on who I am as a person either, it needs to be based on who I belong to.

This new chapter is also about enlarging my faith and defeating that lie that says “I” have to take care of myself.  The Lord is working on my need to be self-reliant and reminding me that He is my provider.  Above all, He wants me to remember that I am not walking through this new chapter by myself and that He is “paving the way” for me.  I do not have to struggle, fight, wrestle or worry how this new chapter will unfold, because He is walking with me and all of His resources are at my disposal. I recently came across the following song by John W. Peterson, based on Psalm 50:10 that really brought this home for me:

He owns the cattle on a thousand hills,
The wealth in every mine;
He owns the rivers and the rocks and rills,
The sun and stars that shine.
Wonderful riches, more than tongue can tell -
He is my Father so they're mine as well;
He owns the cattle on a thousand hills -
I know that He will care for me.

These are things I am learning, but they are not just for me they are for all of us that love Him and follow Him. Each one of us are the apple of His eye, His most treasured creation.  He will never leave us or forsake us. HE is our provider; not our paycheck, our employer, our skills or our talents, but how much do we really believe that?

By the way, I typed this a few weeks ago, but was unable to post it, because my camera crashed.  During this time the Lord provided a part time job, seven minutes from my house with flexible hours that will enable me to pursue my art, while still meeting my financial obligations. All of this without looking in the classifieds, no resume, no interviews. I was just telling a friend I have to go back to work and she said “I know someone...".  I am so grateful He has it all under control, so that we don't have to!

5 comments:

  1. Love the sways, textures and colours. So magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what your written in your post, there's so many deep truths and so enlightening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kimberly, I loved reading your post and I'm going through a simliar time too so your words really do resonate with me. Coincidently I too have a new art time job that I chanced upon and it fits perfectly with my arty activities too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new pt job...hope it works well for you!

    Your paintings are beautiful, colorful,vibrant, and full of life...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete